It’s mama’s day again! The time of the year when we have to give back to that incredible woman who’s been handling our mess ups all our lives. Enough buying your precious mama home and kitchen equipment, she doesn’t need that! Instead, try to pamper her through getting her something nice and spending some real quality time with her, here’s a list of things that you can do together this year:
1. Take her out for a fancy dinner
Make your mama feel like a fancy duchess and take her out for some paperdelle with sea urchin or some pasta with lamb ragu! You don’t understand a word? Good, means it’s fancy AF
2. Take her out to the movies
Go see a a family comedy with your mama at the movies, it doesn’t cost much and it’s always a lot of fun! You can see a horror flick if you want…if your mama’s into that sorta thing. if you’re still unsure about which movie to see, check out our movie calendar, updated with all the latest films and their screening times.
3. Take her to a spa
No mother in the world could ever say no to a day at the spa! This one is guaranteed to get you at least 100+ mama points!
So, that every time she starts a fight with you, you’d remind her of that time you sent her on a trip to go see magical hands Mosheera
4. Buy her a nice anti-aging skin care set
Trust me, mothers love that sh*t! You have no idea! Especially, if you buy them a really fancy set of creams and lotions and all that yada yada, just don’t mention the anti-aging part. You both know it but you don’t have to talk about it. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
5. A day-use at a hotel
Wouldn’t it be nice to bond with your mama while sipping on piña coladas in a pool? Book a day-use at a nice hotel that isn’t extraordinarily luxurious and expensive and go enjoy the sun and the water alongside your beautiful mama!
Happy mother’s day, suckers!
Misleading Into Sex Trafficking
Recently, everybody is seeing those ads on Instagram where Urban Outfitters, H&M, Nike, DWCRE, Victoria Secret etc. retailers recruiting influencers and models and are posting it on stories but in fact, they’re doing this for sex trafficking purposes. Actually their target is to choose people under 18, not because of their looks at all but because they could trick them easily and also, they couldn’t defend themselves very easily and that they could do whatever they want with them.
If you have no idea what sex trafficking is, we’ll tell you all you need to know right here. If you’re interested, keep on reading.
The common age a child enters sex trafficking is 14-16 years old; they’re too young and naïve to realize what’s happening. However, society may call it prostitution but federal law calls it sex trafficking. Victims need help not judgment or punishment.
Sex trafficking is when someone is forced or deceived into prostitution (زني) —or maintained in prostitution through one of these means after initially consenting—that person is a victim of trafficking. Under such circumstances, criminals involved in recruiting, harboring, transporting, providing, or obtaining a person for that purpose are responsible for trafficking crimes.
A commercial sex act includes prostitution, pornography and sexual performance done in exchange for any item of value such as, money, drugs, shelter, food or clothes.
It thrives because there’s serious demand on the buyer, who fuels the market with their money so, the trafficker exploits victims to earn revenue from buyers, which leads to the victims, who include both males and females who are bought and sold for profit.
Traffickers mostly find victims through social media but they also find them in home neighborhood, clubs or bars, internet and school.
They lure them through promises of protection, adventure, love, opportunities and homes.
Traffickers use violence, fear, threats and intimidation to ensure compliance and meet demand.
Because of social stigma or misinformation, victims go either unidentified or misidentified. Unidentified victims are shut down by fear and the control of the trafficker. Misidentified victims are pigeonholed into treatment for only the surface issues. So, sex trafficked children are instead treated for drug abuse, domestic violence, alcohol abuse, delinquency, teenage pregnancy, abortion, STD’s and etc.
You’re probably afraid after reading all this but we’re here to save the day! Here are some tips on how you should protect yourself and a child.
- Although changing the above vulnerability factors is difficult, there are some things to do to avoid becoming a sex trafficking victim. Be aware of how traffickers recruit people. Traffickers make false promises of a better life. They paint unrealistic pictures of what life could be like with lots of money. They quickly befriend a person showering them with gifts and displays of affection, particularly recruiters who will later force a girl into prostitution.
- Do not make decisions under the influence of substances and do not be the company of people you do not fully know and trust while intoxicated. Traffickers, looking to put someone into prostitution, will take advantage unconscious people or someone who cannot fight being transported elsewhere. Traffickers will also attempt to take advantage of those with addictions or attempt to create drug dependency.
- If someone, whether stranger or acquaintance, promises something that seems too good in return for sex or free work, wait. Listen to the intuitive voice inside your head, check with family and friends for advice. Do Internet searches or background checks on the person wanting you to go with them. Say no and see how they react. Look for signs of abusive or possessive behaviors. Is the person trying to isolate or turn you against family and friends? If so, avoid that person.
- Runaways are at particular risk for being forced into prostitution. If leaving home because of abuse, try to find a safe place.
- Be aware of your child’s online friends. Sex traffickers have been documented using social media like Facebook and MySpace, in addition to others. Love your children unconditionally. Sometimes awful problems exist between parents and kids; seek help through counseling, mentor programs, and rehab if necessary. Traffickers prey on runaways and throwaways. Do not make your child one. Life on the streets is extremely dangerous.
- None of the above suggestions are foolproof. However, if these suggestions are implemented then fewer people would become victims of human trafficking. Evil exists in the world. Protect yourself and family.
Let’s stop trafficking once and for all!
Behind the mask of strong independent woman
First of all, it’s not a face mask. Being strong and independent woman is a mask of the soul. Behind this mask hides:
- A girl who is tired of being strong all the time; tired of being stronger than everyone. She is exhausted.
- A girl who is tired of wearing a macho face every day. She needs to be treated as a woman by the right man. The man she chooses and expects to explore her feminine side with him and with him only.
- A girl who needs someone to take care of her. She is a human being at the end, and she is tired of taking care of everyone and everything.
- A girl who wants someone to get things done for her. Yes, a strong independent woman needs someone to take her car to the service appointment, take her to the doctor, do her laundry, and make appointments at the saloon.
- A mature girl who is driven by high sense of responsibility and loyalty.
- A girl who also needs a break from responsibility and work for a change. She wants to be pampered with delicacy.
- A girl who needs to learn that it’s okay to be bored and sick and frustrated.
- A girl who needs to be assured that it is okay when plans don’t go as planned. Things change and one should always be able to adapt.
- A girl who need a true gentleman to embrace her but not suffocate her dreams. A girl who wonders: is it really hard to find someone who understands that her success doesn’t have to overshadow his?
- A girl who needs encouragement as much as she gives it. She definitely needs a lover to push her towards success. She seeks a lover who truly believes in her abilities and her goals.
- A very fragile girl who needs shelter. She’s looking for a backbone that supports her during harsh times. She is seeking a comfort zone where she is not shy to speak out her fears.
- A girl who is demanding the society to acknowledge her achievements rather than accusing her for being different.
- A girl who is so determined to add something to the world, and refuses to fit into typical boring frames assigned to women by the society.
- A girl who deserves appreciation for standing out for her right to live life as a full complete human being and not a half human being.
- A girl who is seeking society affirmation of her achievements. A strong independent woman needs to feel that her efforts to give meaning to her life and the lives of others around her are being recognized.
- A girl who is trying to prove that she deserves to be treated equally with the man. She has the same qualities and capabilities of a man, and her accomplishments support her case.
At the end, you should know by now that behind every rigid strong independent woman is a passionately beating heart. A strong woman can have a heart that is full of love and wants to live life to the fullest with the right companion. So please, can you give her a space?
The 5 Worst Moms In History
Before we get down to it, we need to admit to ourselves that some women are just not exactly “Mom-material”. They have no idea what the word “Mother” means, nor “Humanity” in this case because oh, do we have some truly hideous, monstrous, and sadistic mothers on this list. This one’s not for the faint hearted:
1. Mary Ann Cotton
This 19th century nurse poisoned and killed 11 of her 13 children using Arsenic. She also got rid of all of her 4 husbands, 2 boyfriends and 2 other random people. Apparently, Mrs. Cotton was obsessed with life insurance! She was able to get away with her crimes for 20 years until she mistakingly slipped, how? Her step-son was found dead a week later, after she’d been complaining about him. The London Times reported, “After conviction the wretched woman exhibited strong emotion but this gave place in a few hours to her habitual cold, reserved demeanor…she harbors a strong conviction that royal clemency will be extended towards her.” I mean, whoa.
2. Casey Marie Anthony
When your child goes missing, you report it to the police. You immediately do that. But no, this mother waited a WHOLE MONTH to do it. You know what? she wasn’t even the one to report it, it was the little girl’s grandmother who did. The child’s death was pronounced a homicide and Anthony was the prime suspect. After a long round of public trials, Anthony eventually went free in 2011 because there weren’t enough evidence to convict her. The public went ballistic after the verdict because almost everyone felt and knew that Anthony was directly responsible for her child’s murder.
3. Mary Ball Washington, George Washington’s mom
So, hear this: George Washington’s mom was apparently a true pain in the ass! She despised the American cause to the extent that she badmouthed it and belittled it to almost anyone she spoke to. All that, while George was out there with the revolutionists, trying to keep the revolution alive. Mary didn’t just complain about her loathe for the American cause, she also consistently complained about being poor, although George bought her a nice house in Fredericksburg, Virginia and the women supposedly enjoyed a pleasant lifestyle. People who knew her also claimed that she was a loyalist supporter of King George III of England.
4. Gertrude Baniszewski
In 1965, Children Jenny and Sylvia were left by their parents in the care of Gertrude Baniszewski. The parents worked with a traveling carnival and they’d promised to pay Baniszewski $20 a week for looking after their daughters. In the course of the 3 months the girls were in her care, they were physically and emotionally abused by Gertrude, her children, their boyfriends and neighborhood youths. Sylvia, specifically was tortured to the extent that she died eventually of all her traumas. They beat her, starved her, extinguished lit cigarettes on her body for over a 100 times, burned her, forced her to strip naked and inserted a Coca-Cola bottle into her vagina, forced her to eat feces and drink urine, kicked her in vagina and injured her in it, whipped her…among other things. Sylvia was only 16 when she passed away. The official cause of death was brain swelling, internal hemorrhaging of the brain, and shock from severe and prolonged damage to her skin. Believe it or not, Gertrude was neither hanged nor sent to life in prison, the woman went free in 1985.
5. Ka Yang
In 2011, this so-called mother of four, placed her own 2-month-old daughter, Mirabelle, in the microwave for 5 minutes. The infant died after she suffered severe burns and complete damage of her internal organs. Yang, an epileptic, variously tried to detach herself from the murder, claiming not remembering the sequence of events that took place. The murder finally admitted to killing the baby after the police found a pacifier in the microwave and radiation in Mirabelle’s stomach.
Sherry Adel & Moez Massoud Just Tied the Knot!
Breathtaking Photos of Paris France After World Cup Win
Hollywood Celebrities you didn’t Know had Arab Roots
10 Essentials Of Being In A Good Relationship (with anyone)
What Are The Traits That Girls Actually Look For In A Guy?
10 Ways To Be Happy
4 Fabulous Books to Enjoy by the Beach
These are the 7 Essentials you Should Never Go Without this Summer
6 Incredible Body Lotions & Butters for that Fresh Summer Skin Under 200 EGP
Tamer Morsi: Meet the Man Behind the Best Ramadan Series
A Closer Look Into Lojain Omran World
The New 500500 ad will leave you in tears
11 Post-Credits Movie Scenes That You’ve Probably Missed
The Secret Recipe For Becoming a Supermom
Mai Ezz Eldin: Like Never Before
11 Affordable Little Black Dresses to Up your Fashion Game
What is a woman’s wardrobe without its little black dress. If there’s one thing a woman should never live without,...
Met Gala 2018: Countdown of The Top 15 Best Dressed
Every year, the Met Gala celebrates a specific theme that celebrities have to get costume tailored gowns and suits for,...
MARKS & SPENCER Promises a New Shopping Experience
Marks & Spencer just opened their brand new branch in Mall of Egypt. That’s not just another branch of Marks...
10 Coachella Inspired Looks for a Hotter Summer
If Coachella was about anything but music, it would be FASHION! And by fashion, I mean unique crazy outfits, makeup...