Now we all know how secretly big the online shopping industry is becoming in Egypt. Online shopping is a beautiful addiction that not many have yet discovered the amusement of. I’m writing this as an educational lesson for all the online shopping noobs, call it Online Shopping 101:
1. Follow @qaaf.gallery
Qaaf gallery sells the coolest backpacks, socks, necklaces, notebooks, shirts & hoodies ever…among other things! Checkout their online store or you can go visit their local store in Wust El Balad, right next to Goethe institute. It is the go-to shop for all the music band, famous painters’ groupies.
2. Follow @Magy.shop
This shop can literally turn your favorite anything into polymer clay, just like that. This makes the perfect gift for anyone!
3. YM sketch @Ym.Sketch
This place offer a great variety of the coolest planners and calendars if you’re planning on straightening up your act and getting your sh*t together. The thing about Ym.Sketches is that all their merchandise is themed and it all comes with the coolest stickers!
4. Follow @thetrio.egypt
This awesome trio has life figured out! They sell the best, coolest, most wretched stickers that you didn’t even know you needed, but you do! Check their page out and you’ll know exactly what I mean!
5. Follow @sephora_by_amira_salem
This Queen is selling all your favorite original makeup brands without all the fuss of having to order them through amazon. Yep, indeed a dream come true!
Teenagers! With low self confidence?
If you hadn’t suffered from low self confidence growing up then you must have been living under a rock, but nowadays most teenage girls have trouble loving themselves.
Loving yourself might be effortless when you’re little because who really judges’ kids? But teenager – hood is extremely difficult when it comes to self confidence. Whenever you try doing exactly what the society wants, it just judges you for something else, you can never win.
One of the most fundamental reasons why teenage girls are constantly hating their body is how women are portrayed in movies that have “perfect” body, long hair, blue eyes, full lips and many other things when in fact, real beauty is being who you really are.
Have you ever felt extremely uncomfortable in the bus stops or train stations? I guess most girls are when it comes to the Egyptian society sexualizing women by their hurtful and hungry looks in the streets/bus stops/train station etc.
Girls always feel insecure about their body whenever they see “men” looking at their body judgmentally and what’s even more mouth-opening is when “men” sexual harass them in the streets. That’s exactly when girls start body shaming and feel less of themselves.
The fashion industry is a very vital part when it comes to girls body shaming. In my case, I’m underweight and I never find teenage clothes that fit me which makes me constantly hate my body and everything else. Do you have the same problem? They either have the bigger sizes or the smaller sizes, I never find what my body needs. I come to the conclusion that the fashion industry sets the bar for sizes that “perfect” women should be which is extremely disappointing and disturbing.
I think we puzzled out the fact that makeup is the main reason why these days girls hate themselves. Nowadays, I strongly realize that teenagers wear makeup everywhere they go – even school which is insanely wrong. Girls should be taught how to love themselves at a young age so they won’t need the use of makeup miracles because they’re their own kind of beauty.
Last but not least, teenagers comparing their selves to others. “Look at her body, she’s beautiful. Why don’t I have a body like that?” , “Her hair is long and healthy, how can she be THAT beautiful?” I guess these are statements that we all hear whenever we walk around in the playground. Comparing yourself to others is exactly how to lower your self esteem so you should always compliment yourself and others too, maybe you can be the reason to make other girls feel better about themselves but be careful, that doesn’t mean you make less of yourself.
Everyone is beautiful in their own natural way. Just be yourself for once and love your natural self because the word “perfect” doesn’t mean size 0, it just means natural beauty.
Never disrupt your blooming process to water someone else’s garden. You’ve worked too hard on yourself to compromise your growth for anyone who doesn’t grow you.
I hate society so much.
Girls are taught from such a young age that “beautiful” is in the shape of a plastic barbie doll, when in reality it’s not possible to have that figure. Once they hit teenage years that’s when it goes downhill with media opinions and everyone around them on diets and talking about how skinny this person and that person is. Society puts such a pressure on girls that they feel in order to fit in, they need to be a size 0. No. In order to fit in, they should be as healthy as possible! I’ve fallen under that pressure so many times and I’m now starting to come out of it. I am who I am and I’m starting to accept that. Of course I want to be that girl who walks down the street and people think she’s gorgeous, but will I ever feel like that? Probably not and I’m okay with that. It breaks my heart to see people falling under the pressure of society because it’s not fair. “Heavy” girls feel the need to wear baggy clothing because they’re paranoid and they get judged if they wear tight clothing. Who the hell thinks it’s acceptable to judge someone because of what they look like?! People should start minding their own business.
School. School is a very messed up place. Teenagers try to avoid it so much because if they do go, they feel like they’re being judged all day. Teachers put pressure on students to stand up in class and speak in front of everyone! No person should be forced to do something they don’t want to do. Teachers and parents need to wake up and start realising that there are valuable reasons that teenagers don’t want to be in school and not because they “can’t be bothered”.
Why should someone feel bad for the way they dress, they way they look, the colour of their skin, the way they feel etc. Bottom line is, they shouldn’t. Everyone is absolutely perfect in their own unique way.
I know people say “we hate society, yet we are society” but NEVER will I associate myself with this sick society. I would never judge anyone for any reason.
10 Ways To Be Happy
Being happy is one of the most hardest things you’ll have to go through in this generation. Life was way simpler decades ago and everyone was happy without having the effort to stay happy. Here are ten ways to get started and bring happiness back to your life.
- Accept the things you can’t change. If you can and want to change them, do it. Nothing could stop you from what you want but don’t let the things that are impossible to change bring you down.
- Let go of the people who are holding you down. If you considered them, you already know who these people are. Remove negative, judging, fake and lazy people out of your life because they’ll be the reason of your failure and they’ll make you feel unmotivated all the time.
- Blast your favorite upbeat music and sing at the top of your lungs, dancing as you go. It’ll bring positivity around you and you’ll immediately feel happy and motivated.
- Go for a run. A nice, long run. Run until you feel good; at the very least, you’ll be tired enough that the feelings will seem less major. All your feelings and overthinking will be put on pause for a while which helps you bring peace to your mind.
- Call someone you love. Just hearing their voice could make your day better. They’ll tell you all you want to hear, whether it’s a friend or a family member, they’ll help you.
- Smile at a stranger. It will make both of you smile and also they’ll smile to other strangers and you’re going to be the reason why so many people are smiling which will bring you happiness as well.
- Send an anonymous compliment to someone. Either on social media or in real life, you’ll feel immediate peace, positivity and love. Give the love you would give to people who don’t deserve it to people who actually need it.
- Write down everything you don’t like about yourself. Rip it up, burn it. You’ll feel like they’re actually vanished and you’re someone else without these what you call, “imperfections”.
- Watch your favorite movie and eat ice cream. Movies and series actually help you rethink your life a little and you’ll feel a little more inspired than the usual. Also, they’ll pause your overthinking at the moment and it’ll increase your happy meter level.
- Realize that you are your own biggest critic. People do not see the faults in yourself that you do. So realize that they are not faults, not imperfections. They make you, you.ل
Sherry Adel & Moez Massoud Just Tied the Knot!
Breathtaking Photos of Paris France After World Cup Win
Hollywood Celebrities you didn’t Know had Arab Roots
10 Essentials Of Being In A Good Relationship (with anyone)
What Are The Traits That Girls Actually Look For In A Guy?
10 Ways To Be Happy
4 Fabulous Books to Enjoy by the Beach
These are the 7 Essentials you Should Never Go Without this Summer
6 Incredible Body Lotions & Butters for that Fresh Summer Skin Under 200 EGP
A Closer Look Into Lojain Omran World
The New 500500 ad will leave you in tears
11 Post-Credits Movie Scenes That You’ve Probably Missed
The Secret Recipe For Becoming a Supermom
Mai Ezz Eldin: Like Never Before
11 Affordable Little Black Dresses to Up your Fashion Game
What is a woman’s wardrobe without its little black dress. If there’s one thing a woman should never live without,...
Met Gala 2018: Countdown of The Top 15 Best Dressed
Every year, the Met Gala celebrates a specific theme that celebrities have to get costume tailored gowns and suits for,...
MARKS & SPENCER Promises a New Shopping Experience
Marks & Spencer just opened their brand new branch in Mall of Egypt. That’s not just another branch of Marks...
10 Coachella Inspired Looks for a Hotter Summer
If Coachella was about anything but music, it would be FASHION! And by fashion, I mean unique crazy outfits, makeup...